The Grand Opera House is looking for people to join our team!
The Grand is looking for individuals interested in creating theater to become part of the Grand Opera House family. The bulk of our assistance comes from a dedicated team of volunteers who do everything from acting to building sets and costumes, and working backstage during productions. These teams of volunteers are led by individuals who take on more responsibility in the production and as such we offer these key positions a stipend. We are currently looking for more people to fill these positions of responsibility. Each of these positions requires a commitment of time and a dedication to the production.
Seeking qualified Candidates for the position of Executive Director
The Grand Opera House Theatre (www.thegrandoperahouse.com), located in Dubuque, IA, seeks an Executive
Director responsible for managing the building and the organization. The Grand is a non-profit theater group
housed in a 600 seat theatre listed on the National Register of Historic Buildings. It is a venue for community
theatre, touring events, concerts, ballet and educational projects.
The Executive Director reports to the Board of Directors and is responsible for day-to-day operation of The
Grand Opera House. This is a full-time position, salary commensurate with experience.
Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Fundraising and grant writing, including:
- Soliciting new donors and corporate sponsors and actively maintaining relationships with current donors
- Securing grants for operations and capital projects
- Staff supervision and maintaining day-to-day operations
- Drafting and maintaining the annual budget
- Dedication to developing the best community theater in the region
- Participation in theater committees
- Representing and advocating The Grand Opera House in local community and business groups as well as local art organizations
- Managing facility rentals and scheduling touring events
- Overseeing the operating and maintenance of the physical space of the theater
- Overseeing vendor and contractor relations
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Administration of a business or non-profit organization, including accounting and standard business practices
- Marketing and public relations
- Management of volunteers, employees, contractors
- Knowledge of technical and artistic theatre preferred
- The ideal candidate would be a self-motivated and resourceful leader with a passion for quality and success. They would be a team player and open to new ideas and concepts
Serious inquiries for this position can be made to GrandOperaHouse@outlook.com