We are following the Iowa Department of Public Health concerning mass gatherings. We will continue to monitor the IDPH website and follow their recommendations.
*If you are ill, or a member of a high risk group, the IDPH recommends that you avoid large group gatherings at this time.
- All sales are final. No refunds.*
- All orders, whether purchased online, by phone, or at the ticket office, are subject to a $1 Facility Fee. Ticket fees help to offset the cost of running our ticket system, allow for us to offer Free Parking at all performances (including those without sponsors), help offset the care and maintenance of our historic home, and help to offset the costs of technological upgrades to improve our patron experience.
- Tickets purchased online or by phone are subject to an additional Processing Fee based on the price of the ticket. This fee is usually $1 but may be more if the ticket cost is more than $29.
- Tickets may be exchanged to another performance of the same show prior to the start of the performance for which you have tickets. You must contact the Box Office prior to the start of the show to exchange your tickets. This includes leaving a message on the voicemail, or emailing our box office at firstname.lastname@example.org. Once the performance has happened we are unable to exchange tickets.
- All persons entering the theatre, regardless of age, must have a ticket. Students are anyone under the age of 18. Adults are anyone 18 or older. There is no Senior rate for tickets.
- Although there are no age restrictions, parents should use discretion regarding appropriateness of some shows. We try to provide information about shows that contain Adult Content, but it is the patron’s responsibility to be aware of the show’s content prior to purchasing tickets.
- Promotional codes can be used online by entering the code into the designated box on the screen after you select your seats. Click on Apply and confirm the code has been accepted. If you place the online order and the discount code has not been validated, we are unable to refund the difference.
- Show Cards, Gift Cards, and Gift Certificates are currently not redeemable online. Redeem these items at The Grand Opera House Box Office, by phone at (563) 588-1305 and in person. Do not place an online order. If you place the online order, we are unable to refund the online purchases.
- In the Event that a performance or Event is cancelled – we will contact all ticket holders via email, post on our website, and on social media channels. If a single performance of a multi-performance show is cancelled we will make every attempt to exchange ticketholders seats to another performance. If a one-time event is cancelled and not rescheduled, we will refund your ticket.
- How can I buy tickets?
Tickets are available 24 hours a day online. Our ticketing system is real time, and allows you to choose your seats. The ticket office is open Noon-4:00 PM, Mondays-Fridays, and can be reached by phone during that time at (563) 588-1305. Performance evenings and weekends, the ticket office opens 1 hour prior to show time. The ticket office is open through intermission of shows.
- My tickets are at Will Call. Where is that?
The Box Office is located to the left of the lobby as you enter through the main doors of the theater. Will Call Tickets can be wicked up at the Box Office at the sign that says “Will Call”
- My child is 3-years-old and not a student. Does my child need a ticket? What price is that ticket?
All persons, regardless of age, must have a ticket. The price for children is the same as the student ticket price.
- Does my infant need a ticket? Do I need to buy a ticket for a child who will sit on my lap?
All persons, regardless of age, must have a ticket.
- Are there age restrictions on shows?
We do not have an age restriction. However, any patron, regardless of age, who is causing a disturbance will be asked to leave the theater.
- Do you give refunds? Can I exchange my tickets?
We do not refund tickets. You can exchange your tickets to a different performance of the same show. You must contact the Box Office prior to the start of the performance for which you have tickets in order to exchange them.
- Are there ticketing fees?
Yes. All orders, whether purchased online, by phone, or at the ticket office, are subject to facility, and processing fees.
- Why do I have to pay ticketing fees?
Ticket fees help offset the cost of running our ticket system, help us provide free parking for all performances, offset the cost of technological advances, offset the cost of cleaning and disinfecting public spaces, and cover taxes for all tickets.
- Why fees? Why not just increase the ticket price?
Ticketing fees, performance fees, artist fees, and a variety of other fees that the theater pays are based on the cost of each ticket. By separating our ticket price and our fees, we are actually able to keep our fees lower and provide you with a better show and experience.
- Do you sell gift cards?
- We have a Show Card – which can be used for tickets to a show. You can purchase the show card in any dollar amount.
- Can I use my Show Card for Concessions?
The Show Card (Gift Card) can only be used for tickets. It cannot be used for Concessions.
- Can I redeem my Show Card online?
Show Cards cannot be redeemed online. They can only be redeemed at the Box Office, either in person or by calling (563) 588-1305 Monday – Friday between Noon and 4:00pm
- What happens if the weather is bad? Or a performance gets cancelled?
If a show is cancelled, every effort is made to contact guests. Guests are contacted via email whenever possible, then by phone. Please make sure we have your current email and phone information in the event we need to contact you. Whenever possible, information is posted on the theatre’s website, social media outlets, and the theatre’s phone system.
- Does The Grand Opera House offer discounted tickets?
The Season Subscription is the best way to guarantee you get the best price on your tickets. For some shows we offer a Buy One Get One Free ticket to the opening night performance. We do not announce these in advance, and you must purchase tickets during the given time frame, and enter the indicated code. The BOGO discount is only offered on select shows. Other discounts may be offered to various groups.
- Does The Grand Opera House offer group rates?
Yes. Group rates are offered for groups of 12 or more. Please contact our Box Office Manager Michelle Blanchard for information or to reserve your seats. Email: email@example.com Phone: (563)588-1305.
- Does The Grand Opera House donate tickets for fundraisers?
We love to donate ticket packages to your auction or fundraiser! On your non-profit organization’s letterhead, please send a request with information about your event including the date when you will need the tickets to The Grand Opera House.
- Address: 135 W. 8th St. Dubuque, IA 52001
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org