The Grand Opera House takes the safety of our Patrons, Performers, Volunteers, and Staff seriously. It is our goal to make your trip to the theater as safe as possible, while also making a wonderful memory for you. To that end, we have made some changes to the traffic flow as you enter and move around the building, patron and volunteer policies, and cleaning procedures. For more information about these changes please see the below information.
1. For all performances at the Grand Opera House masks are required unless you are fully vaccinated. Please note: Dubuque County is currently classified as having a high rate of transmission, and the CDC recommends for areas with a substantial or high transmission rate that everyone, including fully vaccinated individuals, wear a mask in public indoor settings. The Grand Staff will be wearing masks at all performances as long as Dubuque County has this classification. We highly recommend that all attendees do the same.
2. Currently, our Main Floor seating is open, with no social distancing. In the Balcony we will be blocking off seating for social distancing. Seats will be available in groups of 2, 3 or 4. We request that you choose seats from the available seating chart. If you have a special circumstance that you need to sit in a larger group, please contact the Box Office at (563) 588-1305. If you remove the barriers to sit in a larger group your entire group may be asked to leave without a refund. For the 2021-2022 Season all seating is open with no social distancing.
3. We do ask any patrons who are feeling ill, or who have been in contact with anyone feeling ill, or who have had a positive COVID-19 test and have not been cleared by a medical professional to not attend the theater.
4. Our lobby and house will both open half an hour before the performance, when the house opens you will be able to go directly to your seats. No patrons will be allowed in the building until 30 minutes before the performance. We ask that when you are inside the building you follow the signage, floor markings, and directions of our staff and volunteers.
7. Our Concessions stand, and Rotary beer and wine sales will be open before the start of the show. We request that you wait to enjoy your concession items until you have returned to your seat. We encourage you to wear a mask in the lobby, and only remove it at your seat to enjoy your refreshments.
9. No one, other than the performer and theater staff will be allowed on the stage or in any backstage areas. No exceptions.
10. There are hand sanitizer stations set up in the lobby.