The Grand Opera House takes the safety of our Patrons, Performers, Volunteers, and Staff seriously. It is our goal to make your trip to the theater as safe as possible, while also making a wonderful memory for you. To that end, we have made some changes to the traffic flow as you enter and move around the building, patron and volunteer policies, and cleaning procedures. For more information about these changes please see the below information.
1. We encourage our patrons to wear a mask while inside the theater. The CDC recommends that anyone not vaccinated continue to wear a mask in all public settings.
2. Only certain seats will be available for each production. We will be blocking off seating for social distancing. Seats will be available in groups of 2, 3 or 4. We request that you choose seats from the available seating chart. If you have a special circumstance that you need to sit in a larger group, please contact the Box Office at (563) 588-1305. Accomodations will be in the balcony only and we cannot accomodate groups larger than 6 under any circumstance. If you remove the barriers to sit in a larger group your entire group may be asked to leave without a refund.
3. We do ask any patrons who are feeling ill, or who have been in contact with anyone feeling ill, or who have had a positive COVID-19 test and have not been cleared by a medical professional to not attend the theater.
4. Our lobby and house will both open half an hour before the performance, when the house opens you will be able to go directly to your seats. No patrons will be allowed in the building until 30 minutes before the performance. We ask that when you are inside the building you follow the signage, floor markings, and directions of our staff and volunteers.
7. Our Concessions stand, and Rotary beer and wine sales will be open before the start of the show. We request that you wait to enjoy your concession items until you have returned to your seat. We encorage you to wear a mask in the lobby, and only remove it at your seat to enjoy your refreshments.
9. No one, other than the performer and theater staff will be allowed on the stage or in any backstage areas. No exceptions.
10. There are hand sanitizer stations set up in the lobby.