SING ALONG WITH THE MOVIE!
Friday, April 6th @ 7:30pm
Saturday, April 7th @ 2:00pm FAMILY SHOW!
Saturday, April 7th @ 7:30pm
Sunday, April 8th @ 2:00pm
All Tickets are $15
Includes a FREE Magic Moments Fun Pack!
What’s in the Magic Moments Fun Pack?
We wouldn’t want to spoil the surprise for you! The pack contains five props, which are used in unison by the whole audience at key moments during the movie.
What is this I hear about a Costume Contest?
Before all of the performances, there will be a Costume Contest! Come dressed up as someone (or something) from the movie and you will have a chance to win a Fabulous Prize! Prize Categories are: Children, Individual Adults, and Groups. So pull out your glue guns and sewing machines and get your costumes ready!
Family Show Activities:
From 1-2pm on Saturday, April 7th we will have activities for kids and families in the lobby areas.
- Bring your camera (or camera phone!) and take a picture spinning in the alps in our photo booth.
- Take a few minutes to color a few of your favorite things at our coloring station. Take your artwork home with you!
- Think you know the songs in The Sound of Music? Be on the lookout for roaming characters who may challenge you to sing a song or even yodel!
- Earn prizes for participating in our activities!
- Tickets for the Family Show are just $10! So bring the whole family down to Sing Along with the Movie!
Yes, it’s been around the World, and now it’s coming to The Grand Opera House!
Having started in the UK back in 1999 Sing-a-Long-a Sound of Music has now become a worldwide phenomenon, playing to packed houses across the globe! It even filled the Hollywood Bowl in Los Angeles!
Let’s start at the very beginning (a very good place to start)…
For those of you not yet converted, Sing-a-Long-a Sound of Music is a screening of the classic Julie Andrews film musical in glorious, full-screen technicolor, complete with subtitles so that the whole audience can sing along!
The fun-filled evening starts with a vocal warm-up led by your host for the night, who will also take you through your complimentary ‘magic moments fun pack’ containing various props to be used at strategic points throughout the show.
Then of course there is the famous fancy-dress competition in which everyone who has come in costume is invited onto the stage to show off their fantastic tailoring skills. And the more venues we play, the more elaborate the costumes get. Previous entries have included:
- Nuns of both genders (including a pregnant nun!)
- Ray a drop of golden Sun (in a gold lycra catsuit)
- Girls (and boys) in white dresses with blue satin sashes
- A lonely Goatherd!
So get those vocal chords warmed up, cut up those chintz curtains and hurry down for another dose of the international smash-hit show! It’s the perfect night out for family trips, a girl’s night out, office outings or anyone who has ever shed a tear during ‘Edelweiss’! Book early because this show sells out.
Fancy dress is not obligatory but highly recommended!
Check out our website at www.singalonga.net
“IF YOU’VE ALWAYS WANTED TO BE A PART OF A MUSICAL, THIS IS YOUR CHANCE!”
~ABC World News Tonight